Thursday, September 10, 2015

Island Bound [VLOG]




Ended the summer with a lovely evening on Toronto Island with my favourite person ever.




Our afternoon started quite late. Throughout the day, the temperature hovered around 30 degrees Celsius and taking the bus in that weather with a backpack was not the best idea. Just walking a couple blocks to the bus stop gave me the most surreal back-sweat I've had all summer. 

When I arrived at Nico's place we spent three hours cooling down, cleaning, eating and mundane activities with the heat-induced laziness. Since it was the last day of summer, I knew I still wanted to do something memorable even though we both had class the next day. Nothing sounded better than Nico's first trip to Toronto Island!

Once we got downtown, we picked up some Tim Hortons sandwiches to bring with us to the island and set off the the ferry. 


My favourite part of going to Toronto Island is the ferry ride and luckily for us, we got a pretty sweet spot at the front of the boat. Since we got a good spot, I didn't have to stare at the rows of life vests strapped to the ceiling which usually make me nervous. I could have gone for a longer ferry ride. 

At the island we looked around Centreville which is an area with a few rides and the very-important farm/petting zoo. We saw so many cute animals getting ready for the night. Over the years there have been more rabbits! This year, they have lionheads, flemish giants, agnora, and my long-going favourite, rex rabbit!


Aren't they perfect? Rex rabbits look like dinosaurs when they stand and like beans when they sit. Even after six years of Ryu looking like a bean when she sits, I'm always amazed with how cute she is.  


We walked across the island to the dock on the other side where the beaches are and took some photos. Since it was after 5pm by the time we arrived, most of the crowds had gone home for the day and there was a bit of overcast so the heat wasn't unbearable. 



Our set up on the beach was a plastic tablecloth and our shoes to hold it down from the wind, our snacks, food, and my iPad to play some sweet anime tunes to match the aesthetic of the sky. If I were in an anime that night would have been the perfect scene except for the other couple a few feet away playing rap music from their phone LOL Messing with my anime vibeeee





I hope you all had an amazing summer! I'm quite excited to be back at school. Best of luck to all of you and may a good adventure always come your way, no matter its size.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment