Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Commision 3.14 [ Pie Commission, Mississauga ]


You had me at meat pies. Full stop.



On a rainy, rainy Wednesday we braved the land of Etobicoke in search of this hidden gem that smells like butter and gravy and basically heaven.

The shop is a bit tricky to find. As you drive down The Queensway from Mississauga, keep your eyes peeled for their signs along the road. Their storefront is actually at the back of a salon and just before a Pet Valu. It's easy to miss, but you can always roll down your windows for the smell of pies. 





I'll never get over how similar these guys are by the way. Nothing beats a good twinning moment. 



Our order was three meat pies and we eventually went back for dessert. I couldn't even tell you which one was the best. All of them had a perfect, buttery crust, steaming, flavourful filling and adorable packaging. Each of the pies are just under $7 and are seriously the best (possibly only) option for gourmet meat pies in Mississauga.




You8 can also take home packs of four un-baked pies for a better price. Take notes for my next birthday. 


The store itself is extremely small. There is barely enough room to move to the side and deliberate your options. There is a menui posted outside which is helpful! As for seating, they have a good set of chairs and tables outside, but when it's raining, get ready to either stand at the condiments counter by the window, or prepare to crumb your entire car. 

Overall, I couldn't say anything bad about the Pie Commission if I wanted to. Maybe because the employee didn't offer me stickers when they were offered to a young boy. Can't argue too much for that though. 


Twinsies to the max.



Our dessert pie was a mango-pear crumble pie! I couldn't distinctly notice the individual flavours, but the crust was perfect and they warmed it up for us as well. I think I would prefer their chocolate pies instead. I will conduct further research and report back... for educational purposes. 



The Pie Commission is located at 935 The Queensway, Toronto.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment