Sunday, November 24, 2013

Serious Burgers [ Bugernator, Toronto ]

Burgernator has been open for quite some time, bringing the gourmet burger frenzy to the Kensington Market neighborhood. 

Two friends and I took a trip downtown on a day we didn't have class. The weather was awesome that day, and perfect for all the walking we did (by fault of my directional disability) but oh we were so ready to eat a monster of a burger. The restaurant layout is very modern and comforting. Mission statements surround you on the walls and there's just something about hard-wood furniture that makes a good place to eat burgers.





Another cool thing, is that they have Card Against Humanity free to anyone who's waiting for their order. We only managed a few rounds before our food arrived which was good timing.



This is is. That's my card.

All our orders came on these metal trays lined with checkered parchment paper. It was definitely designed to be ordered with fries though. If they had a different set-up for a single burger, but their fries were really good.


I know what you're thinking; what the hell. You see, I've been reading about the phenomenon of nasty-unhealthy vegetarian burgers and I was determined to try one. Burgernator is definitely the place for that to happen.

Battlefiels ($8.50) is a breaded and deep-fried portebello mushroom, stuffed (And they serious mean stuffed) with herbs and cheese. The burger also includes lettuce and tomato+garlic aioli. 


The battle is trying to eat it. Honestly, the cheese is crazy melty and there's so much of it. This burger is so rich that I definitely forgot it's vegetarian factor. 


Both my friends ordered the Big Bang ($10.99) composed of a 6oz beef patty, lettuce tomato, cheddar cheese, bufulo chicken strips and garlic aioli. When you come to Burgernator be ready with a battle strategy to fit these in your mouth. 



We also ordered a poutine ($4.50) and you'd think that after that month in Québec would scar be from poutine forever, but this poutin was actually so good. I don't know what it is about Québec poutine, but the cheese is never melted enough for me. The cheese and gravy really melt into each other so it's delicious and doesn't leave you with pieces of cheese curds. A+ poutine.

I seem to have misplaced the photo, but the vanilla milkshake ($4.50) was quite good. They use local ice cream to make it, so it's a support to the community, but I felt it was a bit small for the price. 

I'll be dreaming of that poutine tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment